Sleepaway Sewing Camp Designed Specifically for Adults
Tap into your inner kid magic at Camp Workroom Social!
Camp Workroom Social retreats are not your typical sewing retreats. They are a special approach to sewing education. Inspired by sleepaway summer camps for children, Camp Workroom Social retreats focus on encouraging participants to experiment with new skills and ignore imperfections in their projects during the learning process. We offer our campers the space to do things many grown-ups almost never get to do. Things like...
- try out a new personality with people who haven’t put you in a box,
- make new friends in a judgement-free space,
- develop your confidence with the kind praise of our staff and your peers,
- and spend your days pressure-free, knowing you have no one else to worry about but yourself while you’re with us at Camp Workroom Social.
We specialize in teaching adult learners in a fun and social environment. Our classes are non-competitive, casual, and productive, and we teach in a friendly, inspiring, motivational way. We are professional designers and makers who do not focus on perfection. Rather, we want you to learn and to participate in our classes and workshops with a creative and curious spirit. We know great sewing comes with tons of practice, and our goal is to give you the skills and the confidence you need to continue your sewing journey at home.
Camp Workroom Social’s sewing retreats are designed for those who have some experience sewing. We want to help you develop your sewing skills, pushing them from good to great!
We can't wait to sew with you at Camp Workroom Social!
Camp Workroom Social is held at beautiful Frost Valley YMCA Camp in Claryville, NY.
Located on over 5,000 acres in the heart of the Catskill Mountains, just 2.5 hours north of New York City.
All Camp Workroom Social Retreats include...
- Roundtrip shuttle bus service from Midtown Manhattan, New York City.
- Accommodations. Lodge styles vary by retreat.
- All meals during the retreat. Meals are healthy, balanced, and served in the Camp Dining Hall. We happily accommodate food allergies.
- Sewing education. Specific classes, workshops, and activities vary by retreat.
- Sewing machines for use.
- Extracurricular activities which can include summer camp-inspired, fashion, and craft events and activities.
- Access to Workroom Social's private online community, socialsewists.com. Campers can connect with each other before and after their events here.
Fall Camp—October 13–16, 2023
Fall Camp is a four-day, three-night summer camp-inspired sewing retreat for adults, featuring intensive classes taught by contemporary experts in apparel sewing.
Wardrobe Week—April 17–21, 2024
Wardrobe Week is a five-day, four-night boutique retreat for adults, offering participants the space and freedom to develop a wardrobe that represents their authentic selves.
Take A Look Inside
Planning Resources and Helpful Information
Our campy version of an FAQ.
Includes information on getting to and from Frost Valley YMCA and flying in and out of New York City.
Not Into Sleepaway Camp?
Consider taking a fashion sewing class at our permanent studio location in Brooklyn, New York. At Workroom Social, we specialize in teaching adults how to sew clothes that fit both their individual styles and their unique body shapes and sizes.
Terms of Service and Refund Policy
Thank you for being a part of our community! Whether you are coming to see us in our Brooklyn studio, working with our fabrics or patterns, or joining us at Camp Workroom Social, we want to ensure that every Workroom Social sewist has the best experience possible. To help with this, please read and understand our Terms of Service and Refund Policy before you register for an event or buy a product from us. When you register for an event or buy a product from us, you agree to our Terms of Service and Refund Policy.
If you have questions about these terms and policies, please reach out before you register for an event or buy a product. You can email us at hello @ workroomsocial.com or call us at 646-481-1650. We are here and happy to help you!