If you are a fashion sewing instructor with a warm, encouraging, kind personality and a passion for teaching others how to sew their own clothes, we want you to teach with us!
Our Expertise and Approach
At Workroom Social, we teach adults how to sew clothes that fit their unique styles and individual body shapes and sizes, according to each student's personal preference.
We create a supportive and non-competitive environment in all of our classes. Perfection is never our goal in the classroom. Students should expect that their skills will improve with practice over time.
Our team of professional designers and sewists make garment sewing approachable, and it’s our goal to provide students with the confidence and the knowledge they need to continue practicing sewing at home.
Our Belief in the Power of Sewing
Through sewing we build communities, stimulate creativity, and help improve women’s self-esteem and confidence by empowering them to sew clothes they're excited to wear.
We work hard every day to promote a sense of accomplishment in our students and customers by reminding them of their abilities. Together we learn from each #sewingfail and celebrate every #sewingwin.
We use our shared passion for sewing to connect with those we might not meet otherwise, and we create opportunities for our students to develop relationships that go far beyond sewing itself.
About Our InstructorsOur mission is to create a positive, empowering, and memorable classroom experience for all students at Workroom Social. We are looking for instructors who are the following:
- warm, friendly, talkative, conversational, approachable, and inviting.
- good listeners with an interest in getting to know others.
- flexible and adaptable when things don't go quite the way you expect they should.
- fun-loving and energetic.
- thoughtful and kind.
- team players who are happy to help out in any way they can.
- create an encouraging, non-competitive classroom environment.
- teach students skills and techniques to improve their garment sewing and related topics.
- increase students’ enthusiasm for sewing clothing.
- increase students’ confidence in sewing while at the same time to decrease their fear of sewing.
- teach students to value practice and not focus on doing things perfectly.
- cultivate an environment of camaraderie.
Every instructor at Workroom Social agrees to both abide by and uphold our Community Rules and Guidelines. You can read our full Community Rules and Guidelines at https://workroomsocial.com/community-rules.
In addition, our instructors...
- encourage practice, not perfection. The purpose of our classes is to practice, learn, and experiment.
- believe that diversity in background, in status, in culture, and in viewpoint is needed and valuable to our creative community.
- believe in sewing as a hobby/lifestyle that adds value to both our lives and to our students’ lives.
- challenge students to develop their talents to their highest potential, often times questioning their personal boundaries and self-doubt.
- believe that sewing is a positive tool for community-building.
- nurture the development of students as sewists and as individuals, building relationships with them and helping them to build relationships with each other.
We believe in supporting fellow small businesses, artists, and makers, and we welcome and encourage anyone with the desire and skills to reach out to us about teaching opportunities! We especially encourage people of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, gender nonconforming people, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
If you are excited about everything you read above, send us a note about your experience, your passion, and the class you want to teach (something we currently offer or something totally new!). Email us at hello @ workroomsocial.com. We can't wait to hear from you!