Anyone can sew their own clothes! It just takes a little imagination, some instruction, and practice.
In our Jeans-making Weekend Sewing Intensive, learn the skills you need to sew jeans that look professionally made. With all that topstitching and hardware, sewing jeans can be an intimidating project, but it doesn't have to be! In this 2-day sewing class, students cut and sew the Claryville Jeans by Workroom Social. Skills learned in this class can be applied to sewing other jeans, trousers, and skirts.
As part of our Learn to Sew classes, sewing instruction is taught with an emphasis on key industry skills and techniques to create garments that look well-made. All of our sewing, fitting, and patternmaking classes are both fun and productive, instead of just one or the other. We encourage anyone who is interested in sewing clothes to join us for our sewing classes, whether you are strictly a hobbyist or interested in learning clothing construction skills to bring your original fashion designs to life.
Our Jeans-making Sewing Intensive is like taking a 2-day sewing vacation, and we’ve taught wonderful students who have visited us from all over the world. We invite you to spend two days working with us in our inspiring and friendly studio. After this class you’ll start your week with lots of excitement to continue your sewing adventures at home!
- How to read, use, and modify a commercially made sewing pattern.
- Muslin fittings and basic pattern alterations. Students are able to try on jeans in various sizes for a best-fit estimate before making their project.
- How to prep, cut, and mark fabric.
- How to work with stretch denim.
- How to sew patch and front jeans pockets.
- How to sew a fly front on your jeans.
- How to install a jeans waistband.
- Tips for accurate topstitching.
- How to install jeans hardware including a jeans button and rivets.
- Seam finishing methods.
- Sewing methods to increase speed and accuracy.
- Lunch and treats both days.
- Jeans sewing pattern.
- Handouts and other supporting materials.
- Use of studio equipment and tools.
If you prefer to work on your own sewing machine, you are welcome to bring it.
Due to the unique nature of this course, an optional supply kit with specialty fabrics and notions is available for students to purchase. Students who do not purchase our supply kit are responsible for providing their own supplies for class. Supply lists are emailed to enrolled students about two weeks before each class date.
Skills needed to take this class include...
- Experience setting up, operating, and troubleshooting sewing machines.
- Experience sewing straight and curved seams.
- A general understanding of sewing patterns.
This class is designed for an advanced beginner to intermediate level sewist and above.
Are you an absolute beginner who is interested in taking this class? We’d love to have you! Please email us at hello @ workroomsocial.com for more information on how you can take this class.
Please be sure to read our Terms and Conditions before you register for class.