Drape Blouse 1001 – PDF sewing pattern
Drape blouse 1001 is an upscale basic suitable for all seasons. Loose-fitting with tailored details, Drape 1001 can be dressed up or down with ease. This hip-length blouse can be tucked into sleek trousers and worn to work, or leave it untucked over jeans for a more casual feel. Perfect for layering under a blazer or jean jacket. Soft enough to wear under a sweater when it’s cold out. Designed exclusively for drapey fabrics, try sewing Drape Blouse 1001 out of Workroom Social’s fashion-weight rayon prints or your favorite silky fabric.
Drape 1001 design features
- Wide boat neck thoughtfully designed to flatter your neck and shoulders, but not so wide that your bra straps poke out.
- Yoke creates subtle shaping through the shoulder and the wide pleat opens up to a lovely draped back.
- Loose-fitting sleeve with a tapered wrist, tailored cuff, and continuous lap adds polish to this pretty top.
- French seam construction creates a professional, clean finish that’s perfect for your finest fabrics.
- Hip-length design can be worn free or tucked in.
- View A is a streamlined, sophisticated silhouette with curved sleeve cuffs and a bias facing along the front neckline.
- View B is perfect for color blocking or cutting pieces on the crossgrain. It features squared sleeve cuffs and an exposed contrast bias binding at the front neckline.
About our fit
Drape is designed to highlight the special qualities of drapey fabrics; that means an easy fit so your fine fashion fabrics can float around your curves, creating a flattering, comfy silhouette! Drape patterns are fitted to a pear-shaped model who is 5’5” (165 cm) tall. Not pear-shaped? We hope you’ll still give us a try! One of the best things about sewing your own clothes is that you can make any adjustments you need to make a garment that fits just right.
About Drape by Workroom Social
Drape is a collection of sewing patterns designed especially for our favorite fashion fabrics—drapey rayons, soft silks, and lightweight polyesters that move when you do! Drafted to flatter and forgiving on fit, each easy-to-wear look works well with both printed and solid woven fabrics, so you can sew your own special collection of upscale basics.