SUMMER 2017 CLASSAugust 19–20, 2017 (Saturday and Sunday)
*clicking below will redirect you to the Palmer/Pletsch registration page
FALL 2017 CLASST.B.A. (Saturday and Sunday)
893 Bergen Street Suite #11 (2nd Floor)
Crown Heights, Brooklyn
Hours in Class16 hours over 2 days
$565.00*Registration details available at www.palmerpletsch.com
Anyone can sew their own clothes! It just takes a little imagination, some instruction, and practice.
In this 2-day pant fitting intensive hosted by Palmer/Pletsch you will embark upon the Palmer/Pletsch Tissue Fitting Method for pants. You will learn everything you need to know to tissue-fit a pair of pants, alter your sewing pattern, and fit in fabric. Leave class with a fitted and altered pattern, and with fabric pin-fitted pant that is ready to sew up when you get home!
Our Palmer/Pletsch 2-Day Pant Fitting Intensive is like taking a 2-day fitting vacation, and we’ve taught wonderful students from all over the world. We invite you to spend two days working with us in our inspiring and friendly studio. After this class your eyes will be opened to the possibility of custom fitting sewing patterns on yourself (and sewing buddies!) and building confidence in your garment sewing adventures!
- How to tissue-fit a pattern before you cut your fabric.
- Practical, logical, and useful fit methods.
- Pattern alteration methods that can be applied to future sewing projects.
- How to pin fit in fabric and fit both sides of your body.
- Tips and tricks to make sewing clothes approachable and fun.
- Lunch and treats both days.
- Palmer/Pletsch McCall’s M6901 pant fitting pattern.
- Handouts and other supporting materials.
- Use of studio equipment and tools. If you prefer to work on your own sewing machine, you are welcome to bring it. Students are responsible for purchasing their own supplies. Supply lists are emailed to enrolled students about two weeks before each class date.
Skills needed to take this class include…
- Experience setting up, operating, and troubleshooting sewing machines.
- Experience sewing straight seams. Experience sewing curved seams is helpful.
- Experience using sewing patterns. While there is no actual sewing in this class, you will not be successful fitting if you do not know how sewing patterns work.
- This class is designed for an intermediate level sewer.
Are you an absolute beginner who is interested in taking this class? We’d love to have you! Please email us at hello @ workroomsocial.com for more information on how you can take this class.
Don’t let a company control what you wear. Own your style and your clothes by making them yourself.
At Workroom Social, we specialize in teaching adults how to sew clothes that fit both their individual styles, and also their unique body shapes and sizes.
Our sewing classes are designed for adults to learn in a warm and non-competitive environment. Perfection is never our goal; rather, students should expect that over time their skills will improve practice. Our team of professional designers and sewists make garment sewing approachable, and it’s our goal to provide students with the confidence and the knowledge you need to continue practicing sewing at home.
Through sewing we build communities, stimulate creativity, and help improve women’s self-esteem and confidence by empowering them to sew the clothes they want to wear.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Designer of the Melissa Watson for Palmer/Pletsch patterns for McCall’s, Melissa attended the Parsons School of Design and designed ready-to-wear in New York. Today she is a fit specialist, design consultant, and creative director of Palmer/Pletsch. She teaches the Palmer/Pletsch Tissue-Fitting method online (Craftsy and YouTube) and runs the blog at palmerpletsch.com.
*While we cannot guarantee that each student will complete her garment, the majority of students do.
**Please be sure to read our class policies. If you have any questions about classes and learning at Workroom Social, please email hello @ workroomsocial.com.