Workroom Social is looking for a Fall Sewing Studio Intern to join us in Brooklyn. Want to work and learn in a fun studio setting surrounded by sewing machines and fabric? Read on for all the details!
This is a hands-on opportunity for those interested in fashion design, sewing, and small business. We are looking for motivated, hard working, friendly candidates who are passionate about clothing, fabric, and crafting as a hobby. Specifically we are looking for an intern to assist us with the launch of our new sewing pattern line for home sewers and also with our studio workshops which teach sewing and screen printing methods.
Interested candidates should have:
- Sewing skills: basic skills necessary. An interest in developing a greater skill level required. Training is included for internships.
- Good understanding of patterns and garment construction.
- Strong desire to gain advanced technical skills.
- Interest in small business development and marketing preferred.
- Organizational skills.
- Writing skills.
- Computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to think for oneself and complete tasks independently.
- Fun, positive, friendly, creative attitude.
- Hardworking, self motivated, reliable, and serious about quality of work and meeting deadlines.
Internship duties include:
- Pattern drafting.
- Assisting with photo shoots.
- Assisting with marketing efforts which may include social media, blogging, etc.
- Event assistance (opportunities to teach for the right candidate).
- Other general studio work may include organizing, researching, contributing in meetings.
More about this internship:
- This is a non-paid internship. We offer the following to interns: 1. school credit, 2. pay for event assistance typically at a day rate, 3. free use of studio and equipment for personal projects outside of internship hours for the duration of the internship, 4. mentorship for career advancement or personal project development, 5. free training and education outside of internship hours for the duration of the internship.
- We are looking for an intern who can commit to 10 hours/week for a minimum of 3 months. Internship hours should fall between 9am-7pm weekdays, but exact hours are flexible and can be coordinated in accordance with intern’s schedule.
Does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? If so, please send a cover letter in the body of an email, your resume, and links to some recent work (blog, flickr photos, etc.) to hello @ workroomsocial.com. We can’t wait to hear from you!