Elisalex dress take two! Do you remember my colorful Elisalex from this summer? It was too big on me, so I wanted to try the pattern again in a smaller size. This time I cut a size 4 and drafted a straight skirt to go with it. Fits like a charm!
The side panels are a cotton voile I received as a gift from a friend. I underlined the voile in the chambray to give it weight and structure.
The chambray has a nice feel to it and it’s not see-through, so I didn’t worry about lining this version. Instead I finished most of the seams with a serger.
I finished the armholes and the neckline with bias binding that I cut from the same cotton fabric as the bodice side panels.
I did a bit of topstitching to hold all the seam allowances in place. I also think that the topstitching gives the dress a more professionally-made look.
Nailed that waistline matching point! But the top of the zipper is a little off.